Sunday 29 December 2013

Realizing It Was Time To Move On

This past week or so, I realized that I really can do this recovery thing. And that is quite frankly the most freeing feeling ever. I even texted my dietitian about it! She said it was the best Christmas present ever. That made me laugh. But then she asked what helped me come to that conclusion and I had to think about it. It is what partially led to me making this blog in the first place. I said : A combination of things. I've been reminded constantly of the fact that I'm part of so many things bigger than myself and that's what I've wanted, I haven't been discussing weights and sizes with anyone for weeks and I finally accepted that I'm not that same broken girl that walked into Sheppard Pratt and I never will be. And I have the best friends a girl could ask for. " All of which us true. I am part of a team, a youth group,  a group of coaches, the recovery community. I refuse to discuss my weight with people. It isn't their concern. And I never will be the same person that I was over 2 years ago. I've had so many experiences since then and I've grown up. And of course my friends are legitimately amazing. They have stuck by me and listened to my endless rants. So many things have influenced me getting to this point and beyond and I can't wait to share my new journey with all of you!

" recovery didn't give me back my old life, it gave me a brand new one"

Stay Strong
xo Aria

(Somethings never change...hehe)

No comments:

Post a Comment