Friday 3 January 2014

My Coach...

So my coach knows about my eating disorder. Which is fine. I mean I told her. But anyway that's the point of this post. Today,  she texted me to say that the gym was open despite all the snow and her text woke me up. Naturally I told her that she woke me up and she replied that it was 930 and I should get over it. To which I responded that I should probably get up anyway because I had X amount of calories to eat for the day. (On a side note, my coach is an exercise science major who wants to be a sports dietitian). After telling her the number she replied that there was no way it was enough to help me in the gym or help maintain my weight and suggested a higher number. It didn't actually freak me out as much as I thought it would. After discussing it with my actual dietitian,  we decided that it would be a good idea to slowly up my intake to help me build muscle. I went to practice tonight and made 2 new skills and practiced old ones that got improved (yay). During break I normally just sit on my phone or talk to people but I never eat snack. However, my coach was not okay with this apparently. She tried to hand me a small chocolate bar to which I originally said no. She then very quickly handed it to me and said "eat it. I know you haven't had enough calories today and that's not ok". I have never had someone say something like that who wasn't a professional or an annoying family member. I guess the point of this is two things. The first being that you'd be surprised who cares when you let people in. The second being that gymnastics is not as body conscience and awful as people make it out to be. Hell my coach forced me to eat chocolate. I have the best coach and team ever. And for that I am incredibly thankful.

Stay Strong
xo Aria

No comments:

Post a Comment