Sunday 2 February 2014

USY

Last night into this morning was Seaboard USY Formal and the overnight. There is something so special about this group of people. I cannot even put it into words. Just being in the same room as all these people that you love and that love you, makes all the stress melt away. I got to see people that I haven't seen since August! They are just as incredible as I remember. But most importantly, I got to spend over 12 hours with the most caring and loving people I know. Both staff and USYers. Dancing with them for three hours, talking for what seemed like whatever, watching a movie together. It was absolutely perfect. I do not know what I would do without some of these people and the events. I will admit that I am completely exhausted. Like haven't slept in 36 hours...exhausted. It's worth it. Mostly. Haha, I do like sleep. The night was fun as always but the thing I always find to be the most profound is Sunday Shacharit Live. Which is basically the morning service but with the fun USY tunes and guitars and stuff like that. People are singing and are really into it. Today, the Hebrew School kids were with us and seeing them try to follow and learning to wear Tefillin was so inspiring. They are the future of the conservative movement and USY. We all come together on a spiritual level and you can feel the energy in the room go up as it goes. As I am typing and trying to put this into words, I realize that I can't. There is no possible way to describe what USY is. USY is family, USY is fun, USY is having people care, USY is a place to get away, USY is USY. There is no place I would rather be after a week of practice and work and rehearsals than laying on the floor with my friends about things that non-USYers get confused by. I don't think I will ever be able to truly put how I feel into words. But I do know that without USY I would not be the person I am today. My sister is now joining Kadima, the middle school version, and I am so so happy for her. The future of USY is bright. And it always will be. There is nothing like it. There just isn't.

Find a group that makes you feel at home. The journey is so worth it.

Stay Strong
xo Aria

No comments:

Post a Comment